< Back to events
Vitafoods Europe is the leading event for the nutraceutical industry, attracting visitors from the functional food and drinks, dietary supplements and cosmeceutical industries etc.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients will be represented by FrieslandCampina DOMO, DMV and Creamy Creation. We welcome you at our booth I65 to discuss new innovations, share our insights and get updated on recent business opportunities!
DOMO will launch a new ingredient Vivinal GOS Omni Syrup. Vivinal® GOS is the most widely used prebiotic* ingredient in infant nutrition worldwide. Since its introduction in 2000, 160 million babies were nourished with products containing Vivinal® GOS. In addition to leveraging the positive health effects of Vivinal® GOS for infants, FrieslandCampina is launching Vivinal® GOS Omni Syrup for a wider group of consumers.
The positive effects of Vivinal® GOS have been shown in various scientific studies in adults1,5,6 as well. The human intestine contains about 300-500 different species of bacteria7. These can be divided into health-promoting bacteria8, like Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli, and harmful bacteria like certain Clostridia or E. coli. Vivinal® GOS Omni Syrup has been shown to stimulate the growth of the body’s own beneficial bacteria in the intestines1-3, which could result in several health-related effects, e.g. improved bowel function4-6 and better absorption of calcium and iron9,10. When GOS is used as a sugar replacement in end products it induces a lower blood glucose rise after consumption compared to sugar-containing products11.
Alongside the potential health effects of Vivinal® GOS Omni Syrup, it provides several application benefits for end products. It can be added at all process stages due to its high heat and acid stability, as well as easy solubility and outstanding sensorial properties. And Vivinal® GOS Omni is more suitable for processing at ultrahigh temperatures than, for instance, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS).
These product properties provide excellent possibilities for the use of Vivinal® GOS Omni in various food applications such as beverages, milk drinks, cereals, confectionary as well as in dietary supplements (also in combination with probiotics) and performance nutrition.
We also would like to invite you to visit our conference speaker during Vitafoods:
- ‘The importance and challenge of including high levels of DHA in foods – solutions offered by encapsulation’. The presentation will be held on Tuesday 15 May at 3.00 p.m. at the GOED Omegas 3 stage
We look forward to welcoming you at our booth I65!
More information about the show is available at: http://www.vitafoods.eu.com.
- Walton, G. E. et al. J. Nutr. 107, 1466–75 (2012).
- Fanaro, S. et al. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 48, 82–8 (2009).
- Ben, X.-M. et al. Med. J. (Engl). 117, 927–931 (2004).
- Sierra, C. et al. Eur. J. Nutr. 54, 89–99 (2014).
- Sairanen, U. et al. Eur. J. Clin. Nutr. 61, 1423–8 (2007).
- Teuri, U. & Korpela, R. Ann. Nutr. Metab. 42, 319–27 (1998).
- Guarner, F, & Malagelada, J. R. Lancet. 361(9356), 512–519 (2003).
- Gibson, G. R. et al. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 14(8), 491-502 (2017).
- Whisner, C. M. et al. Br. J. Nutr. 110, 1292–303 (2013).
- Paganini, D. et al. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 106, 1020–1031 (2017).
- EU. Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/854. Off. J. Eur. Union L 142/ 5-9 (2016).